A viewing is essential for appreciation of this property
An elegant ‘Scottish Baronial’ style residence extending to 6,500 sq. ft with double garage and a 1950 sq.ft. workshop adjoining the property.
Set within spacious landscaped grounds of 1.25 acres in a highly desirable location a short distance from the A1 dual carriageway, the property was built by the current owners to an exacting specification with no expense spared.
The property has many distinguishing features both internally and externally. The external walls are faced with random-coursed square cut Scrabo stone with deep sill windows and a Westmoreland green slate roof, all of which add greatly to the unique appeal of the house. Internally many features are in keeping with its style and it is tastefully decorated and exceptionally well cared for throughout.
Upon entering the property, you arrive in a beautiful reception hall with a large period oak fireplace, oak panelled walls and feature oak staircase to the first floor. The practical and well appointed reception rooms can all be accessed directly from here. The kitchen/dining to the rear opens out onto the large patio to the rear of the property enjoying the garden space and is an ideal entertaining area.
The first floor landing has a feature stained glass window and attractive oak flooring which is also a feature in two of the five bedrooms, two of which have ensuite. Then there is the main bathroom and the snooker room before you take the stairs leading to the second floor.
The second floor is currently used as a large home office space that comprises a reception area, an administrative office and a separate executive office and boardroom.
The property has the further advantage of a lift which serves all three floors. A truly unique property that was carefully designed with a layout that is spacious yet practical, this property will hold wide appeal to those in need of extra accommodation, a home working facility and the advantage of a spacious and unimposing workspace for hobbies or work.
- Entrance Porch
- Via front door to an entrance porch
- Entrance Hall
- Internal glazed door and side panels leading to the spacious reception area which features a detailed antique oak fireplace, oak panelling throughout and cloakroom with WC. Solid oak ornate period style staircase leads to the first floor.
- Lounge 23' 11'' x 22' 3'' (7.28m x 6.78m) (at widest points)
- Attractive matt white marble fireplace with 'Sienna' marble inserts, feature bay window (10’ x 7’1”) and ‘Adam’ cornicing and centre ceiling roses trimmed with gold leaf.
- Dining Room 17' 11'' x 13' 5'' (5.46m x 4.09m) (at widest points)
- Side aspect overlooking Japanese garden, ‘Adam’ style corniced ceiling with decorative ceiling roses.
- Family Room 20' 6'' x 20' 6'' (6.24m x 6.24m) (at widest points)
- Rear aspect casual reception room with fitted window seats,feature multi fuel stove, oak flooring, corniced ceiling with centre ceiling roses, 9’8” ceiling and double doors leading out to patio area and gardens.
- Study 15' 2'' x 11' 5'' (4.62m x 3.48m) (at widest points)
- Corniced ceiling and centre ceiling rose.
- Kitchen/Dining 23' 4'' x 15' 11'' (7.11m x 4.85m) (at widest points)
- Extensive range of hand-painted tulip wood kitchen units with granite work surfaces, Belfast double sink with drainer and mixer tap and island incorporating wine and spice racks. Integrated appliances include a four-oven oil-fired Aga and separate oven and gas hob as well as integrated ‘Neff’ American style fridge/freezer with filtered water dispenser, dishwasher and enclosed microwave, walk-in larder, corniced ceiling and recessed lighting. Access to lift to first and second floor.
- Boot Room 7' 7'' x 7' 2'' (2.31m x 2.18m) (at widest points)
- Fitted high cupboards and outdoor clothing storage.
- Utility Room 8' 0'' x 7' 2'' (2.44m x 2.18m) (at widest points)
- Fitted units with spaces for washing machine and tumble drier.
- Back Hall
- Off the utility room. Storage under the stairs. The stairs provide an alternative access to and fire escape route from the Snooker Room and first floor.
- 1st Floor Landing
- Spacious gallery landing with feature stained glass window and oak flooring with new antique style radiators. Separate shelved hotpress and linen room.
- Master Bedroom 17' 11'' x 17' 11'' (5.46m x 5.46m) (at widest points)
- Access to dressing room fitted with cherry wood units and ensuite.
- Ensuite 9' 10'' x 8' 9'' (2.99m x 2.66m) (at widest points)
- Fully fitted with cherry wood units, marble surfaces, mains shower which is usable as a steam room, WC, bidet and wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 2 17' 11'' x 13' 0'' (5.46m x 3.96m) (at widest points)
- Picture rail, corniced ceiling and centre ceiling rose.
- Bedroom 3 18' 7'' x 13' 11'' (5.66m x 4.24m) (at widest points)
- Main guest room with integrated hand painted fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4 16' 5'' x 9' 3'' (5.00m x 2.82m) (at widest points)
- Oak flooring with ensuite.
- Ensuite 8' 6'' x 6' 11'' (2.59m x 2.11m) (at widest points)
- Comprising a white suite with electric shower unit, wash hand basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5 13' 1'' x 10' 11'' (3.98m x 3.32m) (at widest points)
- Bathroom 13' 8'' x 12' 2'' (4.16m x 3.71m) (at widest points)
- Fully marble tiled walls and flooring comprising Jacuzzi bath, WC and wash hand basin. Extensive views over the surrounding countryside.
- Snooker Room 27' 0'' x 26' 3'' (8.22m x 7.99m) (at widest points)
- Large games and exercise room which currently accommodates a full-sized snooker table and accessories with access to rear hall stairway.
- 2nd Floor
- The accommodation on the second floor could be adapted for multi-use scenarios including home gym, den, games areas or annex type arrangement for semi-independent living as well as the office space it currently provides. The office space is ideally suited to those who work from home or with business interests and is currently arranged as three rooms incorporating a reception area, an administration office and a large executive office/boardroom with access to filing store at rear. Air exchanger/ventilation system and kitchenette are accessed from the reception area and there is access to the lift.
- Reception Area 27' 9'' x 11' 0'' (8.45m x 3.35m) (at widest points)
- Store Room 13' 1'' x 6' 7'' (3.98m x 2.01m) (at widest points)
- Boardroom with Filing Store 37' 7'' x 17' 11'' (11.45m x 5.46m) (at widest points)
- Office 17' 1'' x 13' 10'' (5.20m x 4.21m) (at widest points)
- Kitchenette 13' 0'' x 7' 9'' (3.96m x 2.36m) (at widest points)
- Integral Double Garage 27' 8'' x 25' 9'' (8.43m x 7.84m) (at widest points)
- Accessible from utility area with Beam vacuum system, remotely operated twin electric up and over doors, boiler and WC.
- Workshop 49' 3'' x 25' 0'' (15.00m x 7.61m) (at widest points)
- Located adjacent to the property and detached from the house, this is well insulated and offers a variety of useful purposes with mezzanine first floor level (28’11” long) and three phase electricity with 12’8” wide main door and pedestrian side access.
- Through the double entrance gates there is an ample driveway with parking to the front and side leading to a double garage unit and large workshop, stunning east facing mature gardens in lawn on a large site with variety of trees, shrubs, flower beds and patio areas.